Do you want to lose or gain weight? Are you pregnant, looking to become pregnant or just had a child? Are you looking for ways to maintain your health in your older years? Are you an athlete looking to boost performance?
These are just a few of the reasons people seek the expert advice of a registered dietitian (RD). Here are a few more:
- You have diabetes, cardiovascular problems or high blood pressure. An RD will help you change your eating plan without compromising taste or nutrition.
- You are thinking of having or have had bariatric surgery. Weight loss surgery often means making some major adjustments in your meal plan. An RD will work with you and your physician to provide you with a customized nutritional plan of action.
- You have digestive problems. Lactose intolerance? Gluten sensitivity? IBS? GERD? Registered dietitians can fine tune your diet to keep these problems under control.
- You’re pregnant or trying to get pregnant. An RD can help make sure you get the appropriate nutrients like folate, especially during the first three months of pregnancy.
- You’re concerned about good nutrition or your family. An RD canhelp you reduce and insure your family is meeting optimal protein requirements.
- You need to lose weight. RD’s are experts at preparing eating plans matched to the lifestyle of you and your family. They can also tell you about the best exercises for burning calories. And all the while you can still eat all your favorite foods.
- You’re caring for an aging parent. An RD can help with food choices. They can also prepare special dietswhen dealing with changing taste buds and the anorexia of aging.
- You want to eat smarter.Want to learn how to read a food label? An RD will help you sort through misinformation. They’ll show you that healthy cooking can be inexpensive, and that dining out doesn’t mean you have to sabotage your diet plans.
- You want to improve your performance in sports. Want to know the right balance of carbohydrates and protein for optimal performance?An RD will tell you. And they’ll help you set realistic goals whether running a marathon, skiing, or just jogging with your dog.
Latest from Our Blog
Nine Reasons to See a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) A Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) is a healthcare professional who...